Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Catalpa Tree

The girls have a [Northern] Catalpa tree that shades the SE portion of their pen. With all the high winds the past two days, it's dropped several large, green leaves into their pen. A perfect shredding activity for them. But they are poisonous to dogs and for the past two days, have found the results of such in the back room when letting the girls out for the day. Needless to say, I'm already behind.

Here's what's on DW today...

A T-Shirt/Memory Top from Haslett, Michigan
This was driven up here last week while I was at retreat. It looks pretty straight forward except for all those fun 3-D items in there. That's going to make things interesting when trying to get it on the take-up bar as it will then tension irregularly. This may cause some issues further down the line. 

The other situation I'm dealing with in this piece is the backing is pretty short on the sides (only two inches extra) and the thread I'm being given to use on both the top and bobbin is pretty hefty thread (40wt), so I'm going to rip through bobbins like crazy; more tie-offs and grumbling on my part. Ah...my job is never boring that's for sure!

Here's what's on Bernie today...

Wait...we've seen this before on DW
This is an Angela Walters quilt-along I started a year or so ago. All these partially finished quilted pieces are getting finished so I'm going to play on this for the next day or three. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Interesting?

This pic may be of no interest to anyone... The boys are naked ...but to me this is two blank canvases I get to work with over the week. Of ...