Saturday, March 4, 2023

First Robin

I was out playing ball with the girls and I heard a familiar peep, peep, peep and then I saw it. The first Robin of the year. I don't think he was one of our residents since I didn't hear it later in the day, but the winter is coming to an end.  

I love winter. I really do. I don't mind the cold and the snow. Only when I have to drive in it. I mind it much less than the bugs we are sure to have later this year. 

Here's some of the quilting going into Eleens quilt...

Come Sail Away

The sun is shining in the studio this morning and gave a great opportunity to show more of what is going into Linda's quilt...

Love those straight lines
The storm missed us yesterday. We received a total of 12 snowflakes and with the temps being above 32 when they fell, there's not a lick of evidence they even fell at all. 

Jim's truck is ill. It's at the mechanics right now needing almost $500 worth of repairs. I bartered with his mechanic to trade the John Deere top I made for him last year at retreat for the repair fee. Since Jim is going downstate tomorrow to work for the week, I have to get this done. 

When Jim returns, he'll need to pick up the truck and give Jeff the finished quilt. As I mentioned above, it's only a top right now. And, Jeff needs a king-size. The top will need a top and bottom border added to make the additional amount needed so I'm heading over to Pieces today to get the border, binding, and backing fabric for it. 

The Spartans play today which will give me time to work on Eleens quilt and get Jeff's ready to get onto the frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Projects

The new studio is definitely a very long project. We're at 10 months already and still things to be done. He said, when he started the p...