Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Time Gets Away

Completely lost track of time so much so last night I missed The Voice. Good thing Jim taught me how to record it. I don't revolve my nights around TV. I have better things to do. Like quilt! 

Linda and Jeff's quilts are quilted. Both are trimmed, and Jeffs only needs to have the binding attached. Here's what's on Bernie today...

Lynette's gorgeous autumn top
I've already basted and ditched in what I could on this one. 

While beginning Lynettes quilt I was (of course) frame ironing Gail's quilt top. She's using flannel on the back. When I'm frame ironing I also pick any erroneous threads off the fabric. I don't want anything to show through light colors on the front so I'm pretty diligent about this. I thought this was a thread...
A slice in the backing
The slice is about 15 inches into the left side. I'm going to load so I can miss this entirely as she gave me plenty of backing to [hopefully] make this work. There may be a few hand stitches that need to go in if I can't avoid it. This is the top that's going onto DW today...

A Musical quilt for her grandson
Gails quilt wasn't the next one in the queue however. I have a partially finished T-Shirt quilt that was sent to me when the previous long armers long arm quit. I was trying to duplicate the motif and just continue on as they were doing. But it has a lot of curves and points into it and it just wasn't happening. I called the customer and they gave me permission to rip out the three rows already into it and start over. 

Unsewing
Jim loves to do this kind of stuff. Even though I started it, we talked last night and he said he'd work on it after he returned back home. So this is put away for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Projects

The new studio is definitely a very long project. We're at 10 months already and still things to be done. He said, when he started the p...