Thursday, March 30, 2023

Keep on Truckin'

Remember that saying from the 70's? I was listening to some old country music yesterday and got kind of nostalgic since this "death" thing is hanging over our heads and remembered some of those old sayings from back then. 

Let's be positive today. The sun is shining and I have two quilt tops to quilt with machines that are humming along beautifully. There is a slight hitch in my day though. I need to run over to Pieces to fetch some binding fabric for the Dream Bigger quilt. I'll work on that and the other quilt-along binding maybe Saturday.

I tell my customers that I literally see every millimeter of their quilts. I sometimes think the new ones don't believe me. Here's proof of how close and intimate to the top I get...

Find the problem

What's wrong here?

Ummmm?????

See anything wrong here?
This is just the first half of the quilt. Today should bring more fun since only half of it is done. 

I'm not the most perfect piecer so I understand these issues. But that's what a professional long armer does. Recognizes these problems and rectifies them to the best of their ability. I know several long armers who would ignore these and just keep on quilting. If this quilt had had an edge-to-edge done, these would, in all reality, not been spotted, let alone fixed. 

I did get a bit of the Cotton Cuts top worked last evening. Today will be much of the same, but with the sun to assist in lighting the studio. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Projects

The new studio is definitely a very long project. We're at 10 months already and still things to be done. He said, when he started the p...