Monday, March 13, 2023

Small Project Sunday

I thought the quilt top I was making for the Amanda Murphy quilt-along would be a quick and easy top to make. I should have known, when I was cutting 7 1/2" squares, that while simple in construction, the time to piece would be long. And...there are a lot of "bonus" HST's I'm making along the way to make another quilt. 

Here's the pattern I'm working on...

The upper right hand corner is the pattern
I have selected slightly different fabric to go into this (since this pattern was over six months old, those exact fabrics are hard to come by now). 

I have all but the middle row constructed and will plug away at it throughout the week after long arm time. Since Jim is back home now, it's easier to work on piecing while he's here. Life interrupts the long arming and, getting out of my zen place on the big machines, gets frustrating to me. So piecing is the next option.

And who out there likes this daylight savings thing? I know it has messed me and the girls up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Projects

The new studio is definitely a very long project. We're at 10 months already and still things to be done. He said, when he started the p...