Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Perplexed

I get many requests for people who need their tops quilted by yesterday. Or, I'm given a deadline (which, knock on wood, have never missed) and when I meet their expectations, whether it's the immediate quilt request or the deadline request, I'm met with some resistance for pick up. Sometimes these sit in waiting for weeks. How do I remedy this situation? And moreover, it's not fair to those customers who patiently wait for their quilts to get done while I park them behind this new immediate/deadline situation. 

I'll have to think about this today while I'm working. Here's some quilting detail of one of the tractor tires in Jeffs quilt...

Tread
I know it doesn't look like much in the pic, but when you look at the tire as a whole, it looks exactly like the tread in the tractor drawings next to the tire. Anyway, I'm a little over half-way through this top and should be able to finish today. 

I'm not going to re-load DW until Linda's quilt is done on Bernie. It's been on that frame way too long and I want to deliver it to her on Thursday or Friday. 

We are starting out with sunshine this morning, and according to the liar-man, we should be sunny all day today. We'll see, but I'll take advantage of the sparkling water down at the lake shining at me while I work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Projects

The new studio is definitely a very long project. We're at 10 months already and still things to be done. He said, when he started the p...