Thursday, March 23, 2023

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

 Now this looks familiar...

Dream Bigger
This is for a guy who is giving this to his suedo step-daughter for her upcoming wedding in June. I'm double batting this one with cotton on the bottom and wool on the top. I've already basted in and have started the background. One or two petals on the top portion are already done too. Here's one of them...

Ahhh...who can resist a clamshell?
I really, really want to backfill and add interior designs on some of these, but this is a bed quilt...not a wall hanging and I think for the purpose it's going to be used, doing so would just result in a very time consuming situation all for people who don't get the time consuming aspect of it. That's not coming out right. What I mean is this is going to a customer who is not a quilter, a young couple just beginning their lives who are also not quilters, and anything I put in here will be equally received. 

I worked one more row in my "play" quilt yesterday while I was frame ironing the backing for the Dream Bigger quilt. I couldn't work on Bernie while DW was stitching yesterday because I was picking threads from the threads Jim pulled from it last week. He didn't get them all, and I am frankly surprised he got as many as he did since he worked on it at night when the lighting was the worst. 

I have two customers (or maybe three) coming over today. I know two of them are picking up, but I think I have somebody coming to drop off as well. I have the wrong phone to check my calendar. 

And good luck to those Spartans today at Madison Square Garden!!! Go Green! Go White!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Projects

The new studio is definitely a very long project. We're at 10 months already and still things to be done. He said, when he started the p...