Friday, March 10, 2023

Nuts

We received about two to three inches of wet, heavy snow last night, and it's still coming down. I have a customer that is actually coming by to pick up a quilt I did for her earlier this week. It's nuts for me to go out in this stuff (despite my finding a new quilt pattern/quilt along) and want to go out and pick up fabrics for it. I'll wait until tomorrow. Or, maybe later today depending on what the temps do.

Jeffs quilt is done, bound, packaged and ready to be delivered. Paulettes quilt is quilted, trimmed, invoiced, packaged and once I call her that one can go. Here's what's on DW today...

Jan Z.'s first quilt with me
This is a custom piece and although not very big, may take some time to work. Upon a quick inspection last night while I was basting in, all seams appear to be pressed open, including the borders. This leaves me zero ditch to stabilize things before the actual quilt process. Could be interesting. 

I received two new rulers yesterday. Both from Natalia Bonner. The Inside-Out regular size (I already had the mini) and the Trailer ruler for ditching and wide channel work. I said to Jim I'm about done buying rulers and then a Bernina Quilt-Along came in my email last night and I need a set of speciality heart rulers from Amanda Murphy to do the quilt-along. Plus, there is a lot of other motifs one can do with her rulers. Hmmm???🤔

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Projects

The new studio is definitely a very long project. We're at 10 months already and still things to be done. He said, when he started the p...