Tuesday, March 14, 2023

Let's Try Again

Have you ever had one of those days where you probably shouldn't have even gotten out of bed? My work day yesterday was like that. I literally spent more time ripping stitches out then I did putting them in. 

Jan Z. stopped by a little after lunch and picked up her quilt (which she seemed to like) and that help break up the thread-ripping frenzy. 

Here's some of the quilting going into the three tops I'm working on currently...

Crosshatching in Lynette's top

Pebbles and swirls in Carla's top
I love it when people say, "Just crosshatch in there." Cross hatching takes a very long time. Every time you run into the appliqué/motif/embroidery you have to cut threads and start again elsewhere in the block. 

And if you get off, even by a little bit, out comes the thread you just put in. Thus, my day yesterday. 

It's sunny today. Maybe that'll help. I'm starting out today with a little trepidation but I'll change my music selection to something a little more upbeat (jazz yesterday) and with the sun, that'll make everything better, right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Projects

The new studio is definitely a very long project. We're at 10 months already and still things to be done. He said, when he started the p...