Saturday, October 7, 2023

Lots to do Today

First and foremost is getting Lois' quilt finished before anything else happens. DW was being troublesome yesterday so I fought with him most of the afternoon and early evening. Everything I would try wouldn't solve the problem. The last thing I tried last night seemed to result in a better stitch quality and I'm hoping I finally stumbled upon the fix. 

Here's one block in her quilt...

Each center is quilted differently
After Lois' quilt is done this morning, Jim and I have to head out to do errands. I have to pick up a top/backing at Pieces from a customer, we have to get groceries and other building things. Once we get home and wolf down some lunch, I have to start packing for retreat.

There are a number of things I need to do on stuff before I take them along so I'll get all that completed. The nice thing about retreating at The Springs is I only need to take a few things each day and can bring them home later that night and not have to clutter up my work space there. 

While I'm doing all that, I'll be frame ironing the backing for the next quilt to get onto DW and eventually (before I leave) load the top and batting. Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincinnati Bound

Mom and I are heading to Cincinnati today for the weekend. She'll be able to spend Mothers Day weekend with both her kids and see my bro...