Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Doing the Unusual

In the past two years I've rarely take time to quilt/piece for myself during the week. I usually only get a Sunday morning or on rare occasions, a Saturday afternoon. Today, I have to prepare for a retreat I'm attending next week starting Monday and the pieces that need to be quilted still need borders attached.

I'm going to take time this morning and actually piece/sew something for just me. Later this afternoon I'll get them on the long arm and when our electricity comes back (if we lose it today) I'll quilt them up tonight. 

Meanwhile, this came off DW late yesterday afternoon...

Letting it loose from the frame
I need to contact her because after I trimmed and billed, it was well after 4:00.

The electrician is starting work after lunch today and he'll be here through Friday wiring up the new studio. Here's a pic of what we did last night...

Framed in the bathroom
The wall in the foreground had to be removed. Jim installed that last weekend but he felt it wasn't right so he pulled it back off the wall, took it apart and started over. We also were able to attach and prepare the doorway into the powder room with a pocket door assembly. 

While all that was going on, I was able to chalk out the location of the machines and where the dedicated plugs and the floor plug needed to be placed for the electrician today. We also cleaned everything up and got stuff out of Nicks way so he didn't have many obstacles to deal with while running wire. Isn't construction fun? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincinnati Bound

Mom and I are heading to Cincinnati today for the weekend. She'll be able to spend Mothers Day weekend with both her kids and see my bro...