Thursday, October 5, 2023

Off To The Races

I have two quilts that I want to get done before leaving for retreat on Monday. Did I mention I'd be closed all next week? 

When I take time off like this I have to work through the weekend, so logistically, this is my Tuesday. 

A fellow guild member, who will be at the retreat the same time I'm going to be there, wishes to take her two quilts south with her in November. So, I'm aiming to get these done before Monday. Which is kinda hard since I've still not fully loaded the first one. 

Here's what's on DW today...

Lois's first quilt. Chopsticks by Jaybird Quilts
I've made one of these but in Christmas colors. I know how I'm going to quilt it, but it's a lot of straight lines and ruler work, so that always takes some time. And look at all those thread changes! Seven so far that I pulled last night while frame ironing the backing.

Here are a few that were done on DW yesterday...

This is going to be one snuggly quilt when it's done
I'm going to chenille all the design elements in this at retreat.

Blank canvas
And, once again, I quilt my appliqué backgrounds before I actually do the appliqué itself. This is for a little pattern Misty Doan did on her YouTube channel about a year ago when she first started it. 

What I ended up putting in here.
It's funny how, in my head, I know what I want to put in, but then after over thinking things and analyzing the use/future work that needs to be done, I change my mind literally as I'm putting the first stitch into the piece. In my head, this was going to be continuous curves in the border and pebbles in the background. See how that changed?

The electrician rescheduled for Monday so I'm free for electric shut-offs which was an imminent threat today. He got called to Standish Hospital because their panel took a poop. I guess it's taking longer than expected. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincinnati Bound

Mom and I are heading to Cincinnati today for the weekend. She'll be able to spend Mothers Day weekend with both her kids and see my bro...