Saturday, February 17, 2024

Backwards Day

Things started out backwards today. First, working in the new studio while the sun was showing itself for a change. I was finally able to cross "painting" off of our work list as the bathroom is now painted...

A different color than the main room
Jim is working on the interior window trim...
Trimming
And I've gotten about as much "me" projects completed that I'm able. The rest is up to the man and only if he needs my assistance in holding/measuring/bracing/carrying/screwing/nailing/moving will I be much more. 

Meanwhile, Ginny's Quail quilt is done. Here's the finished piece...

Isn't it perty?
Before I could finish it though, Bernie and I had to come to an understanding. Well, not Bernie, but the frame he lives on...
More tools of the trade
Bernie runs parallel to the wood flooring underneath him. Every time we get a change in humidity (like last week when it was warm and much more humid) he fluctuates his levelness. DW doesn't do this because he runs perpendicular to the wood flooring. And, Jim said there is only one subfloor layer below the wood causing it to fluctuate at such a high rate. 

The unfortunate thing about this is that I leveled yesterday, and next week he'll be all cattywumpus again. Can't wait to get into the new digs!!!!!!!!!

Today, now that I've done my new studio work, I'll get into the current studio. It's border weekend. The Starts and Shadows is fully bordered and I'm going to work on others sitting here waiting for theirs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincinnati Bound

Mom and I are heading to Cincinnati today for the weekend. She'll be able to spend Mothers Day weekend with both her kids and see my bro...