Tuesday, February 27, 2024

I Better Make Today Work

There are severe wind advisories out for tomorrow. High winds = no long arming. And, I have a LOT of administrative work to do and usually wait until non-long arming days to take care of all of that. I'm behind at least by a month. On Friday, it'll be two.  

And that's the boring (and reality) of owning your own business. 

Here's some of the quilting going into Bernie's quilt. She wanted to make sure the appliqué "popped" up...


It's a poppin'!
No, I'm not finished with that piece yet. Yes, I plan on working on it all day today. There were apparently just too many calls/texts I was dealing with yesterday to finish it. No, I will probably not even begin Donna's quilt sitting on DW waiting for me to start because all those pebbles take For-e-ver! 

After we got back home from the tax preparers last night, Jim exhausted all the flooring boards we had here. He's on row 19 of approximately 84. I started a make-it-up-as-you-go project. Take one panel, add in some blocks, add in some sashing, put a border (or two) on it and you have a really cute throw. 

Creating something new
I have no pattern for this. I'm just thinking outside the box, if you will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincinnati Bound

Mom and I are heading to Cincinnati today for the weekend. She'll be able to spend Mothers Day weekend with both her kids and see my bro...