Tuesday, February 6, 2024

The Back

I used to not change out bobbin threads. But here's the deal. If you were to have a top hand quilted, the thread would be the same on the top and bottom. And quite honestly, changing out the bobbin is less of a deal then checking tension with each thread change. 

Here's the back of Mary's quilt showing just how I did change out bobbin threads...

Showing four different bobbin threads
Not much of a difference actually. Of course, that depends on what backing pattern/color I'm dealing with too. 

One customer expected this morning to drop off, and I'll be working Tina's Flea Market for the next few days.

Just as I was getting Mary's quilt off the frame, Jim arrived home from work and we headed into the new studio shortly after to prime the drywall. Here's the result of the first coat (and remember, that center section is going to be a beam so we needn't do a whole lot with it right now)...

First coat of primer
We started this at dusk and then had to finish by "candlelight" and with daylight being a better judge of how we did, realize we have several touch up spots to do. But honestly, the way the drywall was absorbing the paint, I'm pleasantly surprised at how well it turned out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincinnati Bound

Mom and I are heading to Cincinnati today for the weekend. She'll be able to spend Mothers Day weekend with both her kids and see my bro...