Monday, February 19, 2024

Odds and Ends

I tidied up the studio yesterday and removed this from Bernie...

Make More
Here's some of the quilting it received...
My first quilt in five months on the frame
But, alas, it had to be removed before today, so it's quilted and hanging while waiting for binding. 

Jim was doing this...

Starting the closet
While I was doing this...

Large drawstring bag
Kimberly Jolly posted this recently on her YouTube channel (Fat Quarter Shop). I wanted to make a prototype to see how easy this one was, and it only took a little over an hour, including finding some fabric and pressing and cutting said fabric. 

I think I'm going to make more of these for customers to take their trimmings in. I have enough fabric in my stash instead of purchasing more paper to stuff into our landfills. I chose to use one piece of fabric for the prototype but I can certainly put together strips and use the small-piece stash up that way. 

We have a  sunny (but very cold) day today and I'll be working on the Boho Heart on DW while frame ironing for the next Bernie quilt. Happy Monday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincinnati Bound

Mom and I are heading to Cincinnati today for the weekend. She'll be able to spend Mothers Day weekend with both her kids and see my bro...