Saturday, February 24, 2024

Thinking Ahead

I love starting a new quilt. While I'm ditching in I think about all the spaces I need to fill and what I'm going to put in there. Oftentimes the quilt is already sketched on my iPad, but not always. This is one of those times. 

The quilt was hanging on Bernie waiting for me to put thread down and I was able to view it over the course of a couple of days to plan my quilting strategy. It is there I too formulate what would look good in it and make it cohesive to what the customer is asking for. 

She wanted her appliqué to "pop" off the quilt and we double batted to make sure it would do this. And, it's a wall hanging and double batting will give the quilt stability while all that weight is pulling down (thank you gravity). 

Here's the start of what's going into Bernies first appliqué quilt...

"Pushing" the background down
Here's a better pic of how everything will pop up once all the pebbling is done...

Rising to the occasion
I don't know if I'll work on this today. We have flooring that needs to be screwed in (that's my job) but Jim needs to do a "test" run of screw placement to see how we are going to stagger them throughout the job. I may work for just a few hours and then start in the [new] studio with construction stuff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cincinnati Bound

Mom and I are heading to Cincinnati today for the weekend. She'll be able to spend Mothers Day weekend with both her kids and see my bro...