Friday, December 2, 2022

Deadline Passed

The Christmas quilt deadline has passed for quilting here at the lake. No exceptions. I'm getting phone calls and text messages about having quilts done for the holidays when I wasn't told when they came in there was no deadline for them. Pressure and artists don't really mix and I'm feeling the pressure. 

Here's what's on DW this morning...

Aileen's "consult" quilt

108" square and all hand pieced; but not very well. Here are a few pics of what's going on in this large project...

Selvedges used within the seam(s) and piecing

Spots and stains (which aren't coming out)

SOOOO many tucks and puckers
And there are holes everywhere I'm having to be mindful of. I chipped away through most of yesterday afternoon. Here's where I left off last night...
I love the texture
But look at all the ruffling I get to deal with today. I can't starch this either...my colorfast test let me know there would be plenty of bleed. 'Oh quilt Gods, please be with me today for peace, serenity, and wisdom.' Amen. 

I worked on the Bernie Gnomes for about two hours and it's coming along...albeit slowly. Today will be much of the same as yesterday minus the trip to Pieces. Happy December. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Projects

The new studio is definitely a very long project. We're at 10 months already and still things to be done. He said, when he started the p...