Friday, December 23, 2022

Jim's Home Today

And I'm so glad he called in earlier this month for today off. We were supposed to be heading down to Lansing. Like, right now. But with the blizzard out there we have to wait and see what happens. Maybe tomorrow we can head down? 

He's in the kitchen cooking today and I'll be fiddling around in the studio. This is the one week (between Christmas and New Years) I get to play and do a few of my own quilts. Now that the Weidman quilt is done, I'm able to actually do that. 

So darn pretty!
Once I was finished with this quilt I shifted to the back room to finish those placemats. Here they are waiting to be wrapped. 

Gnomes waiting for a new home
I need to get the Weidman quilt off the frame, trimmed, and billed out. Then I can load another of mine. Those needles need to get on there for some straight-line quilting. I'm not sure where I'll go from there. So excited to be able to get a few of my 36 tops out of their totes. 

As long as we have electricity (the winds are really gusting out there) I'll be enjoying some relaxing time in the studio. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Projects

The new studio is definitely a very long project. We're at 10 months already and still things to be done. He said, when he started the p...