Thursday, December 1, 2022

Consult Gone Big

The consult I had with a new customer yesterday turned into a bigger venture than I originally expected. This HUGE (108" square) Lone Star top was hand pieced and not very well. I have been commissioned to not only quilt it, but fix where needed and to bind it. I also offered to get the backing for it (she didn't have any yesterday). This morning I was off and running to pick that up. 

While at Pieces, I picked up another quilt top from Paulette that is also a little time sensitive. It's a horse themed top and I look forward to doing anything with the horses!

Lynettes quilt is done but is still on the frame. I have to remove that and trim it before getting this new one on, which is a time sensitive situation. 

Meanwhile, I was having to starch the last border on Lynettes quilt (ruffles and pleats) and while waiting for that to dry, I finished blanket stitching the Pod Cats and then worked a little on the Gnomes that's on Bernie right now. 

Pod Cats
I have a busy day ahead and now that I have the brownies in the oven, can move into the studio. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Projects

The new studio is definitely a very long project. We're at 10 months already and still things to be done. He said, when he started the p...