Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Still Getting Acquainted

Bernie and I are still "shaking hands" and feeling each other out. I had to adjust his right handle bar yesterday because I was noticing some wrist fatigue about half way through my day. I've never (ever) had that on DW. I put his handle bar as nearly as I could to match DW's hoping to rectify that situation.

Here's what's on DW this morning...

June's Chandeliers/Memory Quilt
This is actually the back of the quilt. I know, it's loaded as the front. This is a very weird situation in that the back is actually the front because the photo's of Oreo, the dog, are on the other side.

But we had to finagle this to make sure things lined up in the center, AND, not stitch over the dog photos on the back (front). The other issue we had is the back (front) is bigger than the chandelier side. And it would NOT load like that. No matter how we worked through it, and the borders on the chandelier side would have been SO messed up. 

So I'm going to quilt the blocks, paying extremely close attention to the photos on the underside so as not to stitch over them (June doesn't want them stitched over), and then once the quilt is done on the frame, I'll stitch around the photos on my DSM. 

Here's what's on Bernie this morning...

Paulette's auction quilt for the POA
Like most of Paulette's quilts, she said to just do my thing on this. Although, this one is time sensitive as is the one above. Of course they are, there's only 20 days until Christmas. 

I did manage to get the sewing tree loaded on Bernie last night and stitched out prior to getting Paulettes on the frame. And yes, the Gnomes are done! They took all day (things take longer on Bernie for some reason) but they turned out so darn cute. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ever Wonder?

I am thankful every day for the life I have. I'm truly blessed to have the greatest family and friends... Missing Andrew who had to take...