Friday, December 16, 2022

I Should Know Better

How does the saying go...it's the mechanic that has the worse running car...or the shoemaker who has kids running around with holes in their shoes? I always check the batting in a customer quilt. Always! It has a tendency to want to bunch up and get weird as the thread starts bringing things together. I was in such a hurry to get Elijah's quilt quilted, I failed to check his batting. This was the result as I got to the end last night...

Oops
Yep, I goofed. thankfully the 2 1/2 year old won't give two hoots about this. But grandma will always know about it. I'm so mad at myself but I don't have time to unstitch the last 13" it would take to get this rectified, so it's going to have to stay. 

Moving along. Here's what's on DW this morning (and for the next week)...

The Weidman Quilt Group Quilt
They will be raffling this needle-turned appliquéd quilt and I need to get it done by mid-January so pics and finishes can be done for their advertisement(s). All those pieces need to be ditched. That is a very slow going process and will take a considerable about of time to get completed. So it'll be on the frame for a while. 

Caleb picked up my sidelight for DW yesterday, and Jim will bring it north with him tomorrow when he (finally) returns back home to me and the girls. I miss him terribly! But that sidelight is going to be a must when working on this piece.

As mentioned previously, Elijah's quilt is quilted, but it's still on the frame right now. I hope to get that bound today. The potholders were finished last night; here's the last one...

Number four of four
They all have a black/white/red theme to them but with different fabrics. P.S. I detest hand binding. 😛

And lastly, the six cutlery holder gifts are cut out and ready to assemble today. I have plenty to occupy my time today while waiting for my best friend, my man, my everything to return home to me. Being busy sure makes the time go by quickly and spending it in the studio being creative helps make it bearable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ever Wonder?

I am thankful every day for the life I have. I'm truly blessed to have the greatest family and friends... Missing Andrew who had to take...