Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Country Music

I listen to music most days in the studio. It's almost a must for my creativity. Christmas music is the go-to choice over the last 10 or so days, but c'mon, enough is enough. I have 172 songs in my play list, I've listened to a few on I Heart Radio, the Dish, and Amazon Music. But I had to switch back to country yesterday. I needed a break.

But the country today is not what I remember country should sound like. When did they introduce electric guitar solos? Rap? Heavy bass beats? Alan Jackson made a statement earlier this week about this situation. I have to wholeheartedly agree that country needs to go back to fiddles, acoustic guitars, and banjos.

Anyway...I am listening to kinda country again today while working on what's on DW this morning...

Joan's JOY quilt
This is a pretty background fabric with lots of sparkles. Very festive!

I did work Elijah's quilt a little bit last night, as well as one of the four pot holders before getting out of the studio. I've got to focus mostly on Joans quilt today though. She's going to be up this way on Thursday and I want to have it done for her. I'm going to try my hardest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Projects

The new studio is definitely a very long project. We're at 10 months already and still things to be done. He said, when he started the p...