Saturday, December 31, 2022

Gratifying and Sad at the Same Time

The Spool quilt is quilted. I had so much fun working on it. It was a combination of free motion and ruler work and I had several thread changes throughout. It lessens my boredom level which makes it even more pleasant to work on. But alas, now comes the binding. 

Some of the quilting detail
I wanted to get that done before starting Amish with a Twist. I did get the top border started last night before shutting down...

Starting the borders
The borders, I think, are the hardest part of the quilt. They set the tone of the rest of the quilt and are the largest negative space areas to work. Usually. And, because they are challenging, are one of my favorite parts of the quilting process. 

Jim volunteered to work today. I'm going to play in the studio all day and work on this quilt while I have what appears as a normal work day ahead of me. There is some chatter about the neighbor two doors to the north coming up today so that may be a hitch in my giddy up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ever Wonder?

I am thankful every day for the life I have. I'm truly blessed to have the greatest family and friends... Missing Andrew who had to take...