Friday, December 9, 2022

Side Light

DW has a side light that I am pretty much completely dependent on; especially when working on very light or dark colors.

My little quilting crutch
It's been flickering off and on for the past couple of months, but yesterday was a whole new rate of flicker. More like strobe lighting. I have an email into Gall about whether the bulb (which appears to not exist) or the whole unit needs replacing. 

Here's some of the quilting detail going into Sue's Georgia Tech quilt...

One hornet per block please
This is the part DW is stitching out with the pro stitcher. 

I am just past the half-way point on Sue's quilt. I had three customers come by yesterday. The first one picked up...and then dropped another off. The second just picked up, but has more to come later after the first of the year. The third one dropped off and thankfully, there are no time deadlines for any of them. 

Once Jim got home I moved over to Bernie to start working on Elijah's quilt. I didn't grab a real great pic of what's going in on the borders, but here's one of the blocks...

More straight lines
I'm going to alternate between vertical and horizontal straight lines since this is set in an odd block format. 

I have nails this morning, I'm dropping off a completed quilt to Pieces for Paulette, and then I can focus on my work before campfire later this afternoon at the neighbors. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Projects

The new studio is definitely a very long project. We're at 10 months already and still things to be done. He said, when he started the p...