Friday, December 30, 2022

Family Comes First

I spent a lot of time on the phone with family yesterday. This is probably why Spools isn't done yet. Maybe today?

DW finally got something put on the frame...

Amish With a Twist
This top was completed at least five years ago. It's 98" x 108" and it's been patiently waiting to get done. It was originally a BOM from The Hen House in Charlotte and what a fun one to do! I need a black batting for it. Which I have in stock. The problem is my batts are only 96" in width. I'm going to have to piece a section once I get down to the bottom. 

I was going to head to Houghton Lake today to pick up a king-size black batt, but they don't open until 10:30 and I'm not sure they even have one in stock. I was already in town today (nails) at 9:00 and didn't feel like waiting in town for another half hour to call them. 

I made an 'executive' decision to just whip stitch a section together once I get to the bottom. Gas went up again so I didn't want to spend the money, or the time driving up there only to find out they didn't have what I needed. 

Not expecting any customers today which means I get all day of uninterrupted play. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Projects

The new studio is definitely a very long project. We're at 10 months already and still things to be done. He said, when he started the p...