Thursday, December 22, 2022

Quiet Work Day

Yesterday afternoon was productive. I was able to get past the half-way point on the Weidman quilt before Jim got home (early). We immediately shut the machine down, grabbed our coats, and were off and running. 

We did a plethora of errands and one of those was to Meijer. Yeah. Do NOT go to Meijer on the cusp of a storm and on the cusp of Christmas. It. Was. A. Zoo! Even the Shop and Scan line was a 20 minute wait. 

Anyway. We didn't get home until well after dark. Working anymore in the studio was not going to happen. But one of the gifts we did pick out were some additional light strips for over the long arms. (Jim got a grill). He's going to work on those while I open my MSQC gifts on Christmas Day. We also purchased some brighter LED bulbs for the ceiling fan in there. Hopefully this will aid in my "older" eyes.

The Weidman quilt is my top priority today. I want to be able to get most of it done should we lose power over the next few days with the strong winds they're predicting. Which we seem to catch the brunt of power-wise. Although, it's the folks across the lakes turn to lose theirs. We lost ours with the last high wind event. 

More quilting detail...

I love how the quilting is coming out on this one!
Time to turn on the Christmas carols, enjoy the peace of the house before it starts rocking later tonight, and quilt while I can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Long Projects

The new studio is definitely a very long project. We're at 10 months already and still things to be done. He said, when he started the p...